There are various grants, rebates and programs available for small businesses. We thought it would be useful to highlight and to provide a summary of some of these grants:
- Facebook Small Business Grants Programme – Facebook is offering cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time. Small businesses in Australia can submit their application between 16-22 September 2020.
- Growth Roadmap – The Growth Roadmap service provides an analysis of your business by an independent facilitator. They’ll help you develop a roadmap to increase your ability to trade in Australia and/or other markets. It is currently open and you can apply at any time.
- Accelerating Commercialisation – This grant provides small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers with access to expert advice and funding to help get a novel product, process or service to market. You can submit an expression of interest for Commercialisation Guidance at any time. After receiving guidance, you may be eligible to apply for an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant.
- High Growth Accelerator – This service provides access to an independent facilitator for up to 2 years. They’ll work with you to develop a growth plan to help you realise an Australian and/or overseas growth opportunity. They’ll then mentor you as you action your plan.
- SMEA Digital Transformation Grant – Successful applicants run a targeted three-month digital campaign with an award-winning Australian agency. This grant provides a 50% funding contribution of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) for a project worth $20,000.
- Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant – This grant assists existing local social enterprises to engage professional services that can assist with the ongoing operation and sustainability of the business (such as marketing, web design, and book-keeping). Applications are accepted year round and the next closing date is 4 November 2020.
- Bin Trim Rebates Program – The Bin Trims program is run by the Environmental Protection Agency in NSW and aims to increase workplace recycling by offering rebates to SMEs that install recycling equipment. This program provides rebates of between $1000 and $50,000 covering up to 50% of the capital cost of recycling equipment.
- City of Sydney Matching Grants – The matching grant program recognises any community contribution towards a project and can offer up to $10,000 support to match this contribution. The next application round opens 21 October 2020 – 16 November 2020.
If you are a small business and would like to find out more or require any assistance to apply for the grants please reach out.