The QLD government opens grant applications for Round 3 of the Business Basics Grants Program on Wednesday 4th May. Please note that Round 3 will close when sufficient applications have been received for competitive assessment. If you qualify and wish to apply it is advisable to apply quickly.
The Business Basics grants program provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice.
This support includes funded activities in 5 priorities:
- Training and coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession.
For this round, there are 2 funding streams based on what Local Government Area (LGA) eligible businesses are headquartered. These LGAs are grouped into either South East Queensland or regional Queensland.You may be eligible for a single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST). The grant is for funding activities from the above 5 priorities.
- have fewer than 20 employees (by headcount);
- be operating and have an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for GST;
- have a Queensland headquarters and an operating address;
- have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year;
- not have been approved for funding under an earlier round of Business Basics;
- have owners/directors that are not undischarged bankrupts; and be solvent