New $10,000 grants for small businesses
Small businesses can apply for a $10,000 grant from Monday, 25 May, through the Small Business Relief Fund managed by Council of Small Business Organisations Australia (COSBOA).
There are 67 grants of $10,000 each designed to assist businesses that are recovering from the effects of the pandemic. This fund has been made possible by a philanthropic donation from Salesforce. Applications will open online at www.cosboa.org.au from 9:00am on Monday 25 May 2020 and close at 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday 1 June 2020.
The Small Business Relief Fund is aimed at supporting initiatives by small businesses to adapt and innovate in order to emerge from this challenging period in a strong position. COSBOA would like to welcome a wide variety of proposals from applicants. Proposed initiatives could address re-designing and re-modelling of workspaces, upgrading or adapting a business’s digital presence or a new approach to marketing.
To be eligible to apply, businesses must:
- Be a for-profit company with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have between 2 and 50 employees.
- Have been in business for a full 2 years as of 1 March 2020.
- Have an annual revenue between $150,000 and $2 million.
- Complete the online application form. Applications will open at 9:00am on Monday, 25 May 2020 and close at 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday, 1 June 2020.
- The selection process will be completed by Monday 8 June 2020 with provisionally approved grant recipients to be contacted on Tuesday 9 June 2020.
- Provisionally approved grant recipients will be asked to complete a criminal record check (at COSBOA’s cost) in relation to the business owners.
- Successful grant recipients will be announced publicly on Monday 29 June 2020.
- Grants will be paid into nominated recipient bank accounts by Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Find out more:
Imagine Accounting are an accountancy firm based in Chatswood. Our aim is to assist small businesses to grow and to give business owners back more time. If you are after a Chatswood Accountant please reach out!