NSW COVID-19 Small Business Support Grant of $10,000
The NSW Government has announced the creation of – NSW COVID-19 Small Business Support Grant of $10,000. This will be available to eligible small business owners across NSW struggling to cope with the COVID-19 shutdown.
The application form will be available on the Service NSW website by 17 April and will remain open until 1 June 2020.
To be eligible, businesses will need to:
• have between 1-19 employees and a turnover of more than $75,000
• a payroll below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
• have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020, be based in NSW and employ staff as at 1 March 2020
• be highly impacted by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020
• use the funding for unavoidable business costs such as utilities, overheads, legal costs and financial advice
• provide appropriate documentation upon application.
Highly impacted industries
Eligible industries are those that have been subject to closure or are highly impacted by NSW Government health directions in relation to COVID-19 and include:
• Retail trade
• Accommodation and food service
• Rental, hiring and real estate services
• Administrative and support services
• Arts and recreation services.
To apply for this grant you will need to go to the Service NSW website and submit an application form. The application form will be available by 17 April and will remain open until 1 June 2020.