COVID-19 land tax relief
Applications for the NSW Government’s land tax relief have been extended and now close on 31 May 2021.
If you’re a commercial or residential landlord who has reduced your tenants’ rent due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for the NSW Government’s land tax relief.
Relief is available to landlords:
- whose tenants can prove financial distress due to COVID-19, and
- who have reduced their tenants’ rent for any period between:
- 1 April 2020 and 30 September 2020
- 1 October 2020 and 31 December 2020, and/or
- 1 January 2021 and 28 March 2021.
If eligible, the relief available may:
- reduce up to 50% of your 2020 land tax liability
- reduce up to 25% of your 2021 land tax liability
- be paid to you as a refund if you’ve already paid your land tax
- reduce the amount of land tax payable if you have not yet completed payment.
Applications close on 31 May 2021.